Alert Icon

June 25-26, 2021 Rain Event: Information on Applying for FEMA Assistance & Filing an Appeal

Click here to file an application for FEMA assistance for the June 25-26, 2021 rain event. The registration deadline for FEMA has been extended to November 12, 2021.

If your FEMA claim has been denied, click here for step-by-step instructions on how to file an appeal with FEMA (scroll down to the “If You are Denied” section). The City is also encouraging residents who need assistance with their claim to visit either of its two Disaster Recovery Centers: Kemeny Recreation Center (2260 S. Fort Street) and The Salvation Army (3000 Conner Street).

You may also qualify for assistance provided by a group of local realtors. Please click here and scroll to the end of this news article for more details.

Industrial Waste Control

The Great Lakes Water Authority’s Industrial Waste Control group implements and enforces an Industrial Pretreatment Program (IPP) to regulate the discharge of commercial and industrial waste and wastewater. The IPP includes the following elements:

Pretreatment Program – regulates the discharge of toxic pollutants to the sewer collection system and performs inspection, monitoring, enforcement control and administration of industrial and commercial wastewater discharges. All Users must comply with general requirements and Significant Industrial Users must comply with permit-based requirements.

Surcharge (High Strength) Program – is a cost recovery program for commercial and industrial waste discharging conventional pollutants above Domestic Levels and payment of additional treatment costs ($/lb) associated with these Users.

Special Discharge and General Permit Program – authorizes the discharge of special wastes and wastewaters including groundwater, construction water, spent products, and other short-term projects through a permit program.

Hauled in Waste Program – authorizes the discharge from waste haulers of septic tank and septage, and other domestic wastewater through a permit and ticket/token payment program

Contact GLWA


Specific questions and information can be obtained by contacting the Industrial Waste Control group .