June 25-26, 2021 Rain Event: Information on Applying for FEMA Assistance & Filing an Appeal
Click here to file an application for FEMA assistance for the June 25-26, 2021 rain event. The registration deadline for FEMA has been extended to November 12, 2021.
If your FEMA claim has been denied, click here for step-by-step instructions on how to file an appeal with FEMA (scroll down to the “If You are Denied” section). The City is also encouraging residents who need assistance with their claim to visit either of its two Disaster Recovery Centers: Kemeny Recreation Center (2260 S. Fort Street) and The Salvation Army (3000 Conner Street).
You may also qualify for assistance provided by a group of local realtors. Please click here and scroll to the end of this news article for more details.
GLWA Water Supply Advisory Council
The recently revised Lead and Copper Rule (LCR) requires utility-level water advisory councils. Water suppliers and water systems with more than 50,000 customers must create a Community Water Advisory Council. The council will advise the utility on communications related to lead in drinking water as well as other drinking water quality issues. Specifically, the advisory council must:
- Develop plans for continuing public awareness about lead in drinking water, even when a lead action level is not exceeded;
- Review public awareness campaign materials provided by the statewide Drinking Water Advisory Council to ensure the needs and interests of the community;
- Advise and consult with the water supply on the development of appropriate plans for remediation and public education to be implemented if a lead action level is exceeded;
- Advise and consult with the water supply on efforts to replace private lead service lines at locations where the owner declined service line replacement;
- Assist in promoting transparency of all data and documents related to lead in drinking water within the water supply service area; and
- Collaborate with local community groups to ensure that residents can be involved in efforts to educate the community about lead in drinking water.
GLWA Water Supply Advisory Council Members
- Edwin Haapala (West Bloomfield Township) – Chair
- Cheryl Porter (Great Lakes Water Authority) – Vice Chair
- Bob Belair (Northville Township) – Community Representative
- Jerome Bivins (City of Inkster) – Community Representative
- Maggie Hughes – Local Resident
- Tim Sikma (City of Wixom) – Community Representative
- Bill Turner (Brownstown Township) – Community Representative
Note: Council meetings are open to the public and must follow the Open Meetings Act.
- December 2, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
- November 7, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
- October 11, 2019, at 10:00 a.m.
Contact Member Outreach at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-964-9301 with any questions.