Water Works ParkWater Treatment Facility
Water Works Park has been a source of pride for southeast Michigan since 1879. It served as the first branch of the Detroit Public Library and as an architectural marvel, with a minaret-like stone tower that rose 185 feet in the air. Now that it is home to GLWA’s newest water treatment plant, the park will continue to be a source of high-quality drinking water for years to come.
The plant can produce up to 240 million gallons of water of unquestionable quality per day and is the largest plant in Michigan to use ozone, a disinfectant more potent than chlorine.